Working Language of the Symposium: English
We will accept proposals for papers on any focused topic that examines humour in relationship to linguistics/interpreting and translation/folklore/law/psychology/psychiatry/arts/literature/education/philosophy/health, etc.
II. Number of Presentations:
Important: In case you are also going to present at the 4th Hungarian Interdisciplinary National Humour Conference (held in Hungarian language), your English language and your Hungarian language paper should be different.
Each paper presentation should be no longer than 20 minutes (10 more minutes should be left for questions).
Only electronic registration and communication will be accepted, see the registration form here.
Deadline for submissions: 20 May 2014.
The selected papers of the symposium will be published in the form of collective monograph by J. Selye University and Tinta Publishing House. Information regarding the formatting and bibliographic style required for publication will be provided later.
V. Other Events Connected to the Symposium:
4th Hungarian Interdisciplinary National Humour Conference (held in Hungarian language on 13–14 November 2014).
VI. Registration Fees (to be paid by 30 June 2014):
|Registration Fees||Only Symposium||Conference and Symposium|
For the staff of J. Selye University and of the Department of Translation and Interpreting of Eötvös Loránd University, for the members of the International Research Group for Folklore and Linguistics, and for students
|40 euros||60 euros|
|For pensioners||50 euros||75 euros|
|For other participants||60 euros||90 euros|
The symposium fee includes:
• symposium bag
• program of symposium
• coffee/tea/soft drinks and snacks during breaks
• services provided by the symposium
• a copy of Puskás Andrea – Zolczer Péter – T. Litovkina Anna – Barta Péter (eds.): About humour. Komárom: Selye János Egyetem – Budapest: Tinta Könyvkiadó, 2015.
The symposium and conference fee includes:
• symposium and conference bag
• program of symposium
• program of conference
• 2 lunches
• buffet reception on November 13
• Humour evening on November 13 (in Hungarian language)
• services provided by the symposium and the conference
• a copy of T. Litovkina Anna – Barta Péter – Barta Zsuzsanna (eds.): Minden, amit tudni akartál a humorról, de nem volt kitől megkérdezni. Budapest: Tinta Könyvkiadó – Komárom: Selye János Egyetem, 2015.
• a copy of Puskás Andrea – Zolczer Péter – T. Litovkina Anna – Barta Péter: About humour. Komárom: Selye János Egyetem – Budapest: Tinta Könyvkiadó, 2015.
Information will be provided in the Second Circular Letter.
VIII. Deadlines and Important Dates:
20 May 2014: Submission of proposal forms (including abstracts).
10 June 2014: Notifications of acceptance or rejection of proposals sent by e-mail.
30 June 2014: Symposium (and conference) fees to be paid.
14 November 2014: Symposium.
15 December 2014: Deadline for submitting symposium papers for publication.
10 February 2015: Notification of acceptance or rejection of papers submitted for publication.
Fall 2015: Publication of symposium proceedings.